top of page
Subscribe here for free:

Thanks for subscribing!

Yow! Woman Eating in Restaurant Bitten by Copperhead



By Greg Hume (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Holy cow! Rachel Myrick and her family were eating in a Virginia Longhorn steakhouse when she felt a pain in her foot. At first she ignored it. But then when it kept hurting, she looked down and there was a baby copperhead using her toes for an appetizer.

According to her account in The Free Lance Star in Fredericksburg, she was bitten three times and the pain was excruciating.

“I had my fingers under my foot and that’s when I felt something moving,” said Myrick, a Fredericksburg Realtor.

She’d been bitten twice on her toes and once on the side of her foot by a roughly 8-inch-long copperhead that had managed to get into the Massaponax restaurant’s foyer. It was still attached to her sandal-shod foot until she shook it loose, The Free Lance Star reported.

Her husband came to the rescue, stomping on the snake to kill it.

Restaurant officials said they were investigating to see how the snake snuck into the establishing and how they can prevent such incidents in the future.

(Please note, the pic above is not the actual Copperhead that bit her; it's a pic from Wickipedia, just used as an example.

Check out the complete story here.

10 views0 comments
bottom of page